Sunday, January 22, 2012

Braided Beanie Brim Cap - New Pattern

I came up with a new pattern. This pattern is available for purchase now...just need to take some better pictures for the display image.

The best part about this pattern is how much the stitch stretches. It is snug but very comfortable.

The prototype. I like it, even the additional button I added. The pattern is going to be called the Braided Beanie Brim Cap. I always make slouch caps so making a beanie was a refreshing change.

I decided to do some things a little bit differently with the second one to have more options to add to the pattern. The pattern will come with helpful full color photos detailing the steps which is something I had not done with previous patterns.


This is one row shorter and the bottom is more refined. Brim is thicker on this one and can be flipped up for a different look.

This is a close up of the braided texture...This was two strands of a thin but luxurious merino wool blend yarn held together.

This is the back...I love the star-like pattern.

I would love to have some feedback on this design :-).















0 comments: